Anyone managed to order yet?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Has anyone managed to order a Born yet? If so, when did you order and what delivery time scales where you given?

Asabea

Post by Asabea »

Not yet. I have seen some dealers claim you can order now but my local dealer told me that they expect orders to only open in March. If anyone has been able to place an actual UK order I would be interested too.
walkeia

Post by walkeia »

I've paid a £500 deposit and sent the order details - spec level, colour and wheels to dealers.

Timeline I have been told is soon Cupra will release trims and add on features - Panoramic roof etc, pilot pack. Dealer will then call to finalise the order and input into the Cupra system for when it opens to receive UK orders.
walkeia

Post by walkeia »

8th March system opens for orders. Got an e-mail today with the specs available and pricing. Have given the dealer my order for the 8th - was told to expect deliveries late March or early April - seems a bit quick but I live in hope.

V2, Vapour Grey, regular alloys we’ve gone for
Asabea

Post by Asabea »

That is fantastic news!
boshy

Post by boshy »

do any of the dealers have showroom models to look at yet?

considering one as changing jobs and my e-golf will go back in a few months time, so considering a Born on a personal lease as a replacement
kerupra

Post by kerupra »

walkeia wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:16 pm 8th March system opens for orders. Got an e-mail today with the specs available and pricing. Have given the dealer my order for the 8th - was told to expect deliveries late March or early April - seems a bit quick but I live in hope.

V2, Vapour Grey, regular alloys we’ve gone for
Hi, that's cool you were able to work out your specs and you have a date! My Hendy dealer has taken £1000 for a reservation but no details on specs. They were saying orders could be placed near the end of march and that some models would be available for immediate delivery. Is there any chance you could PM or share the details of the options available??

Cheers!
kerupra

Post by kerupra »

boshy wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:00 pm do any of the dealers have showroom models to look at yet?

considering one as changing jobs and my e-golf will go back in a few months time, so considering a Born on a personal lease as a replacement
They don't, they have the opportunity to see one on a live video link to another location where they have a right hand drive model. You can see the Formentor which they said was the one most like the Born in terms of materials used. Before I decided to get the Born I had a go on an ID 3 which is very similar in terms of drive, seating position, size etc. Having test driven quite a few cars (Kia, Hyundai, Tesla, VW), I felt that the ID.3 was the best option for me coming from my BMW I3, but since I was told there is a 12 month waiting period at my local garage, plus I didn't really like the colours of the ID3, I figured the Cupra born was perfect, particularly as you get a few more options as standard and I'm definitely interested in those.
walkeia

Post by walkeia »

Can't figure how to direct message; options I have been given are:

Metallic Paint
Premium Metallic Paint
19'' Typhoon Alloys with Copper
20'' Blizzard Alloys with Copper
20'' Bridgestone Performance Tyres and DCC
Pan Roof
Beats Audio
Tech M Pack
Tech L Pack
Pilot L Pack
Heat Pump

I really need a car so really hoping this will be relatively quick delivery vs. other models are present - one of the reason I am very keen to have my order front on the queue and happy to go on the back of reviews for this car. If anyone knows the difference between tech M and tech L pack would be keen to know. I personally don't like the copper alloys so it is:

V2, Vapour grey, normal Typhoon alloys, Pan roof, Pilot L pack... I think I'll end throwing in the Tech L pack just in case and the beats audio would be nice

What are other people going for?
kerupra

Post by kerupra »

Ah ok thanks, yes we need 5 posts to send a DM. So Those seem to be from the press release on 15th December, although tech M is not mentioned, and no prices. I think they won't have been able to tell you for example how much it would cost to upgrade from V2 to V2 plus Pilot L pack. For example in Germany you can order:

- pilot M 1380 EUR
- high bean assist
- backup camera
- traffic sign recognition
- nav plus 12 inch
- ACC with cruise control
- pilot XL 1970 EUR - Which seems to be equivalent to Pilot L.
- as M, plus
- exit, rear traffic alert, side assist and blind spot
- travel assist lane assist plus and emergency assist
- Intelligent park assist
- top view camera

As some of M is already in V2 and V3, you wouldn't pay the full cost for L.