Too many Aussies are barely enough!

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

Oh getting a straight answer out of the indro dealer has been challenging,
Originally got a VIN and was told the car was on the boat in July which it wasn't and it ended up not being built yet and eventually woludnt come into the country until November.
I asked if I could change to a car that would be due into the country sooner, which he was fine to do.
Asked dealer to confirm the VIN, he gave me one which came into the country a couple of weeks ago in Port Kembla, although they "said here is the VIN but will have to confirm its the right one" and then never did.
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg

Boinzo

Post by Boinzo »

Well. That’s not confidence inspiring is it! They did send me a VIN. It sounds like it could be anyone’s! As far as I can tell my car is sitting in the ship anchored off Caloundra waiting for a port birth in Brisbane. But who knows.

tuppaware wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:25 am Oh getting a straight answer out of the indro dealer has been challenging,
Originally got a VIN and was told the car was on the boat in July which it wasn't and it ended up not being built yet and eventually woludnt come into the country until November.
I asked if I could change to a car that would be due into the country sooner, which he was fine to do.
Asked dealer to confirm the VIN, he gave me one which came into the country a couple of weeks ago in Port Kembla, although they "said here is the VIN but will have to confirm its the right one" and then never did.
wcabes

Post by wcabes »

Boinzo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:39 am If you’ve got a VIN you can probs track the ship here:
https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

Indro Cuppa gave me the link. My car is on the Hoegh London - currently sitting off the Sunny Coast and due into Brisbane today. I’d say there’s a few Born’s on there!
wcabes wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:09 pm
tuppaware wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:06 am

I did 😅, I think generally their ETA's dont include shipping and customs delays from port.
Well all I can hope is there is a big shipment coming all at once. I already have a VIN for mine, which seemed odd, thought that might mean it is in Australia. Not sure though.
Oh this is brilliant! Mine too! It is on Australian shores just as I am leaving them for a few weeks, haha.

Thanks so much!
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

Boinzo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:15 am Well. That’s not confidence inspiring is it! They did send me a VIN. It sounds like it could be anyone’s! As far as I can tell my car is sitting in the ship anchored off Caloundra waiting for a port birth in Brisbane. But who knows.
Oh well thats good, I think a few brisbanes ppl's borns are.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

I got an update to mine, coming beginning of October.
It's just past compliance, I assume its just waiting transport.
Boinzo

Post by Boinzo »

Nice. The ship did finally dock 2 days ago so I imagine cars are pouring off it!
I haven't heard anything but expect to see the car in week 1 October.
tuppaware wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:23 am I got an update to mine, coming beginning of October.
It's just past compliance, I assume its just waiting transport.
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

There is sizeable shipment of Cupra Borns on the Hoegh Target, which was due into Melbourne on 18 August. Alas, the ship has been sitting in anchorage about 20 nautical miles outside the port of Melbourne for the past two weeks and hasn't yet docked in Melbourne. I assume this is due to port congestion. The ship has been listed on the port's expected arrivals pages several times but the date for arrival keeps getting pushed back.
wcabes

Post by wcabes »

Boinzo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:15 am Well. That’s not confidence inspiring is it! They did send me a VIN. It sounds like it could be anyone’s! As far as I can tell my car is sitting in the ship anchored off Caloundra waiting for a port birth in Brisbane. But who knows.

tuppaware wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:25 am Oh getting a straight answer out of the indro dealer has been challenging,
We were probably all given the same VIN, lol
Boinzo

Post by Boinzo »

Just had the call from Indro Cupra Garage. Before end of month for handover.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, with a VIN unrelated to any other I had been given haha
They must of given me a canceled order.