My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Stuffygibbon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Stuffygibbon » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:47 am

Hey, I picked up mine last week and had the same issue with the app. Dealer didn’t have a clue either.

Turns out I needed to update the software of the car to v3 and it says in the notes it’s one of the fixes. You should see a notification too right of the display that an update is needed. Once done reboot the display, hold the power button till the screen goes black.

I’ve since found the next issue where the car or my account is missing a license so none of the remote features work. Dealer says I need to book it in to the service centre 🤦
Born V2 with Tech pack M - Glacial White

Wrighty
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Wrighty » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:56 pm

Can't update anything, but keep getting notification about license needing updates for emergency calls .can this only be done at the dealer?

Daveion
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Finally picked my Born V2 up today.
Dealer was unable to connect the Cupra app like many others here. Will have to read the tips. My 4g at my house is reasonably good.
As an aside, great drive home 60 miles on the M25 4.9miles/kW. It seems more efficient than my prev ID3. No AC on but great nevertheless.
Love the HUD.

20220622_144935.jpg

ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Daveion
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm

monkeyhanger wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:06 am
Just tried to connect up with the app and it keeps failing at the last stage of registration, after the 2D barcode scan with my phone. This was multiple times, then bumping me out to a guest profile. I had great 4G signal strength for both the car and the phone, Is this why perhaps the dealership made a great deal about connecting me up as part of the handover on collection day and then decided on the day not to bother?
Hi MH
I'm having the same issue. In addition when I try to enter the VIN it doesnt allow me type the number in. It has on previous attempts but then fails and I continue as a guest. Tried reinstalling the app but no go.
Any advice anyone?
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Stuffygibbon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Stuffygibbon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:09 pm

Wrighty wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:56 pm
Can't update anything, but keep getting notification about license needing updates for emergency calls .can this only be done at the dealer?
Mine still has the same issue as you. I've logged a ticket with cupra connect support. They've not come back to me yet.
Born V2 with Tech pack M - Glacial White

Stuffygibbon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Stuffygibbon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:12 pm

Daveion wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm
monkeyhanger wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:06 am
Just tried to connect up with the app and it keeps failing at the last stage of registration, after the 2D barcode scan with my phone. This was multiple times, then bumping me out to a guest profile. I had great 4G signal strength for both the car and the phone, Is this why perhaps the dealership made a great deal about connecting me up as part of the handover on collection day and then decided on the day not to bother?
Hi MH
I'm having the same issue. In addition when I try to enter the VIN it doesnt allow me type the number in. It has on previous attempts but then fails and I continue as a guest. Tried reinstalling the app but no go.
Any advice anyone?
Uninstall the app, clear the user data when it asks and then reinstall. I was able to add the VIN again after this.
Born V2 with Tech pack M - Glacial White

Daveion
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:26 pm

Stuffygibbon wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:12 pm
Daveion wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm
monkeyhanger wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:06 am
Just tried to connect up with the app and it keeps failing at the last stage of registration, after the 2D barcode scan with my phone. This was multiple times, then bumping me out to a guest profile. I had great 4G signal strength for both the car and the phone, Is this why perhaps the dealership made a great deal about connecting me up as part of the handover on collection day and then decided on the day not to bother?
Hi MH
I'm having the same issue. In addition when I try to enter the VIN it doesnt allow me type the number in. It has on previous attempts but then fails and I continue as a guest. Tried reinstalling the app but no go.
Any advice anyone?
Uninstall the app, clear the user data when it asks and then reinstall. I was able to add the VIN again after this.
So that worked and having re booted the screen as well I am now also showing a 4G connection on the car. Didn't realise it was offline.
So tried again but still failed and logged as a guest again.
Enough for the first day.
Will try tomorrow.
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Daveion
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:54 pm

Daveion wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:26 pm
Stuffygibbon wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:12 pm
Daveion wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm


Hi MH
I'm having the same issue. In addition when I try to enter the VIN it doesnt allow me type the number in. It has on previous attempts but then fails and I continue as a guest. Tried reinstalling the app but no go.
Any advice anyone?
Uninstall the app, clear the user data when it asks and then reinstall. I was able to add the VIN again after this.
So that worked and having re booted the screen as well I am now also showing a 4G connection on the car. Didn't realise it was offline.
So tried again but still failed and logged as a guest again.
Enough for the first day.
Will try tomorrow.
Not wishing to give in so easily I tried one more time. This time I got a little further. It said I had connected with my Cupra, the screen hung for a few seconds and I was back to the error message. Grrrr.

20220622_195034.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-195018_My CUPRA.jpg

ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

monkeyhanger
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:53 pm

That's what I got, seemingly works then boots you out to a guest login.
His: Born 230ps E-Boost V2 with L-Tech pack in Glacial White

Hers: Born 230ps E-Boost V2 with L-Tech pack in Aurora Blue.

Daveion
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:34 pm

monkeyhanger wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:53 pm
That's what I got, seemingly works then boots you out to a guest login.
Checked the lights out just now and found a SW update and downloaded. Will see if things are better tomorrow.
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
New ID3 due Nov 2022 or ever!!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Post Reply